Skip to main content

Blog 2.1- Books and Lectures

Image result for pharmacology for nurses bookThis week I been learning so much! I ended up doing a Career Pathway this semester at MCC where I can sit in the nursing classes and skills labs. The first classes I went to were really interesting and they have made me really excited to learn more about this career. Everyone in the program is really nice and helpful towards me and it is nice to make some friends in the nursing program.

My first lecture I attended was Pharmacology. I now have the book to keep up with the lectures and I have enjoyed looking through the book. I have read trough the chapter about the different injections and I now have an idea as to what I will be doing. Along with the text book I have a study guide so I can check to see how well I am learning.

I have been looking at the math involved with medicine and I have come to realize that much of the math is the same as the math I have learned in chemistry. I think that this will make the learning process much easier for me since I have done the same kind of math before.

Image result for IVIn my spare time, I have been watching a few videos on giving an IV and it looks like a fairly simple skill, it will  just take some practice. I am able to check out an IV simulation arm from the college, so once I learn what I need to, I can practice and hopefully keep myself on track. So far I think I am learning more than I thought I would, so I think this project will go great. However, you never know, my project has only just begun!

Comments

  1. I think it is great that you are learning something that will help you in your future career. In what ways can an IV insertion go wrong? Will these IV dummies be able to tell you what you did wrong or need to change?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't watch an IV going into my arm or someone else's, it just freaks me out so much. It's nice that you're enjoying yourself and that it doesn't bother you. How often do you plan to practice giving an IV? Will it be throughout your genius hour or just until you perfect it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are learning lots of new things! How often do you go to the college to sit in on classes?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment