Skip to main content

Week 7- The End is Near

I have good news! My video is roughly put together! While I still have some editing to do, I have the video pretty much put together. It is around five minutes long right now and for how long I have worked on this video, it seems somewhat short. However, when I sit back and think about it, I have learned how to take better pictures, edit the pictures, how to put a video together, and I did some research on the history. I have really learned a lot, and I can only hope my video will exemplify that. I still have some credits to put on the end of my video, so hopefully that will lengthen it a little. I also hope I can find a little more information that I could possible add to my documentary as well.

One big issue I had with my documentary was adding in my videos. For whatever reason, the app I am using does not work very well with my videos. Whenever they play in the video, they freeze up and don't play very smoothly. For this reason, I only added two videos, because I didn't want my video to glitch the entire time. 

Another issue with the video app was adding the captions. I was unable to write one long line at a time, because instead of creating another line when there was no more room on the slide, it just continued off the page. Since this happened, I had to make a new text box for every line and had to fix the font, text color, and size every single time! It was very tedious. I think that if I was planning on  making a video longer than what I made, I would want to get a better app, because I would not want to do that again.


Overall, I feel pretty good about this week. I have a lot accomplished and it's a great feeling to know I won't have a lot to finish before my Ted Talk. 

Comments

  1. Hey Amy, even though I haven't been tuning in every week to your blog, it still is obvious to me that you are learning a lot and putting a lot of hard work into this project. It seems like it is a little challenging, and I probably wouldn't enjoy it. Are you having fun with it? What are some other obstacles that you ran into? Great job on your video, Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are really beautiful. Even if it isn't very long, the pictures will make up for it. Maybe you could find another app? I haven't read all of your blogs, so I'm not sure if that's the only app you could use. I wanted to see how the videos turned out, but it's still good that you can put two in. I'm really looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Kari your pictures are BEAUTIFUL! I'm sure your documentary will turn out great and I cannot wait to watch it. Ut must have been hard to work with an app that didn't do the things you wanted it to do but way to power though it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment