Skip to main content

Week 5- All About the Research

I am currently in the Procrastinators Lounge at the MSU Bozeman campus, trying to write my blog before I compete later today. It has been pretty hard to keep up with my Genius Hour being gone all the time for FFA, but I have been trying to keep up. I hope next week with the long weekend I will complete much more.


This week I have been doing more research on the history, and I have to admit, it is a harder topic to research than I thought it would be. I thought at first that it would be a broad enough topic to find information, but I soon realized I would have to do a little digging. I found a few websites with good information, but I hope I can find more. I have also found a few books at my house, but for the most part they are just stories about certain families and ranches. Still, I believe I can find some great information in them and use it in my documentary.

I have most of my pictures and videos edited, and I must say, that have been very fun! I hope that I have enough pictures to put the video together, but if not I can always take more. The next step after that will be to start placing them into the video in order, timing them, and adding transitions. After that is completed I can add the words, and hopefully the documentary will be almost comp
lete!

Comments

  1. I look forward to seeing your final product Amy. I imagine it will be unique among others. If you are still having difficulties with attaining some of the necessary information, maybe you could do a personal interview from a family member who's ranched throughout the years. Using personal quotes as a tool to reflect on the history of ranching in Montana could be fairly effective and flesh it out answering some questions that can't be answered by a chronological history. Of course, this comment is made practically two weeks after your last blog so you very well could have done that and my suggestion is moot. Oh well. I assume it will be the next blog where the documentary is presented, but you might be saving it for the main meat of your Ted Talk, either way I am eager to watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen a lot of books that people have written about their own family history, but not a lot about what life was like in general. It's great that you're enjoying it and I can't wait to see what you've come up with. Sometimes there are common experiences between different families though, so good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment