Skip to main content

Week 4- Slow and Steady

I have to admit something, I did not accomplish very much this week. I was in Indianapolis until Saturday and when I returned home I had so much homework I couldn't even function! I did not take any pictures, but I did work on editing them and some of my research. Hopefully this next week will be a little more productive.
One of my favorite things about this project is looking through and editing pictures. I enjoy learning about the many artistic ways you can enhance a photo. On most of my photos I enhance the brightness because it makes the landscape look fresher and adds more color to the ugly yellow grass of the fall. I also like to adjust the sharpness on photos of buildings. This adds more details, and makes edges look sharper.  Finally, with my videos I learned how to slow them down and cut them down so I only have the best parts of the video. 

I sat down and looked up some great websites on Montana ranching that I plan to use. Along with the websites, I have a bunch of books from my dad, who loves to read about history, that I plan to get some information from. I also plan to use the story of my great grandparents to supplement some of my information. All I know is that I am going to have to do a lot of reading, but its a good thing I like my topic!

Comments

  1. Your pictures look very nice. Were they taken near where you live, or have you been traveling around to find subjects for your photos? I would agree with you that the editing you did made the grass look prettier.

    Also, how do you plan to make the final documentary? Are there any specific video editing programs you are planning to use?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment